Free School Meals
Free School Meals – Are you eligible?
For each child registered for free school meals, schools receive a pupil premium of £1,300 (Primary schools) or £935 (Secondary schools) per year. This money is to help your child achieve their best at school.
You may be eligible for free school meals if you are in receipt of one of the following:
- Income Support
- Income Based Jobseekers Allowance
- Income Related Employment and Support Allowance
- Child Tax Credit with an annual income of less than £16,190, provided they are not receiving Working Tax Credit
- the ‘Guaranteed’ element of the State Pension Credit
- support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999 (you will need to apply directly to the school not Bradford Council)
- Working Tax Credit run-on (paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit)
- Universal Credit
School meals are free for Reception, Year 1 and Year 2 children – why do I still need to apply?
All children in Reception, Year 1 and Year 2 get free school meals, but if you receive one of the benefits from the list above you may also get help with:
- Free milk
- Voucher towards school uniform
- A reduction in the cost for residential visits
- Music Lessons
If you think you are eligible for free school meals please visit https://www.bradford.gov.uk/benefits/applying-for-benefits/free-school-meals/ for further information and to apply on-line. Once you have applied online you will get an instant decision. Alternatively, please call into the school office where we will be happy to help with the application process.
No matter which year group your child is in, it is never too late to apply.