Christmas Holiday homework
Next half term Reception are looking at “Traditional Tales” with our first story being “Little Red Riding Hood”. Our Christmas homework is linked to this story and we are asking for at least one of the challenges to be attempted and brought into school in January.
- Little Red Riding Hood stopped to talk to the Big Bad Wolf. Do you think this was a good idea? Talk to a grown-up at home about what she should have done.
- Decorate some biscuits or cakes. You could take a photograph or draw a picture to show the rest of the class.
- Draw a map to show Little Red Riding Hood how to get to Grandma’s cottage.
- Little Red Riding Hood is fed up of always wearing a red cape. Can you design a new cape for her to wear?
- The story of Little Red Riding Hood is set in the woods. Make a list of any other stories you know that are set in the woods.
- Little Red Riding Hood filled her basket with goodies for her Grandma. She took 6 cakes and 3 biscuits. How many treats did she take altogether? You could draw a picture to help you work it out.
Have a lovely holiday and we look forward to seeing you in the new year.
Read Write Inc Morning
Thank you to the adults who joined us on our Read Write Inc morning, all the children really enjoyed showing off what they have been learning in phonics.
Maths in Reception
Exploring Numicon in the play dough
Reception loves reading!
We have been working hard as a team to revamp our reading areas. The children have been excited to share books with their friends, staff and reading teddies. We would love to add pictures of children reading at home. Please send in photos to your child’s class.